Sunday, December 2, 2007

WOW

mymacbook.png


Yesterday I got the 2.2 GHZ MacBook. Let me tell you they can get pretty fast if you max it out with 4GB of RAM. I couldn’t believe that it only gets 3 hours and 36 minutes of battery life, since mine seemed to last forever. I think if you can get one, it’s an amazing laptop for any age. There are some draw backs. For one, there is no back-lit keyboard. Also there are some things that you do not need on its hard drive, like the iWork demo.

Now if you are getting this for a kid, there are a few things you might want to know about. One is Comic Life that allows kids to make comics and email them to their friends. Next, parental controls is a built-in app that has the ability to keep kids off bad web sites and most importantly keep them safe. Also, for all the gamers, you can get any of the new EA games like Harry Potter (for more, go to the Apple online store). Last but not least, there are also downloadable games like Marble Blast Gold or MacPool (you can get these at Apple.com/downloads).

I think that for what you get preloaded and with how much you can expand it, the MacBook has a greater value than any other PC. Still if you think that a PC is better for you, here is something interesting (if you have been hiding under a rock) you can run Windows on a Mac. All you need is a full installation disc of Windows to run the best (and the worst) of both OSes.

I hope that this has been a helpful review. If you want to give a suggestion for any other post you can just leave it as a comment and I will see what I can do about it.

2 comments:

DowntownBlogger said...

You know, I just crawled out from under my rock and only to learn that I can run windows on a macbook. Now I feel like crawling back under my rock!

tia i said...

Thanks for your review, I think I will have to take a look at one of these for me.

Tia I